Not so long time ago I decided to come back to digital photography making Nikon D3200 my new choice for DSLR. Together with it I purchased Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D AF lens and here are photos from the session with young aspiring actor Vitaly Benko.
With recent multiplication of cloud telecom provider like Twilio, Plivo, Tropo, Nexmo, TelAPI, Apifon.... and many more popping out every day, I had this idea about how easy it should be now to build a calling card solution based completely in the cloud and on one of the provider's rich API. A weekend or so of coding, thought I and it should be ready for production! But little did I know about what it takes to create something as simple as a calling card service.
It has happend so, that for more than a month I am an owner of Palm Pre 2. Due to the circumstances, I no longer have my beloved iPhone 5 and is definitely not paying $ 650.00 to get one. For some of the folks, it may come as a nerve breaking to let a shiny Apple product go and not being able to have a replacement with the same level of comfort, polished software and retina display. But... being a developer, it is essential to always be able to replace things, re-write the code, re-adjust the setup and find budget alternatives for situations your life may surprise you with.
Being left with no choice but to purchase a new smartphone, I started thinking about what are my options and most importantly - what is the cost for each: Read full story »
This post is inspired by the recent job posting I came across of from Kikin.COM. InsideStartups sends me emails every weekend, and obviously some of those get opened, with some of the links clicked.
It is indeed true, that many of the software developers come from the crowd of complete nerds who are deeply submerged into their own culture. While hiring process involves measuring their qualifications, it does not account for anything beyond that. And by beyond, I mean creativity and ability "to look outside of the box". I have met situations like this a few times and while developers were shining their diplomas, some of them were just good at writing the code, but nothing else.
I have been to quite a number of parties recently, where host's entertainment options were limited to a TV with audio system and/or connected iPod/iPhone. Thus a library of music/videos at times was old, not updated and let's be honest only to the likes of the host.
Oleksiy Deverishchev is a freelance web developer. In this blog he shares his experience with various gadgets and web technologies.
He is available for the following gigs:
- Java and Grails development
- telecom VOIP projects
- php/MySQL development
- Drupal projects
- virtual private server (VPS) migration, setup and tune-up
- Microsoft Access projects
- photography gigs
For more information and hiring availability please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Golden Gate Park and Japanese Tea Garden: San Francisco is by far one of my favorite cities. One of the places especially I like to spend time...
- Simulating high-traffic for Linode VPS via LoadImpact: Thanks to the opportunity given to me by guys from LoadImpact.COM i recently tested my Linode 512 MB...
- Collection of San Francisco Street Car photos: For true fanatics here are some of the San Francisco Street Car photos. Enjoy!
- Killing inner creativity with full time job: I had a conversation yesterday with a friend of mine about all sorts of things and one in particular...
- If a customer asks for discount - immediately up the price!: For my 5+ years of consulting and web freelancing I've met a lot of people, some good, some bad. But...
I am a Freelancers Union Member